Saturday 26 October 2013

Shabby Chic New Home card

Hi,

Here's a card I made for my daughter Shannen to celebrate here moving into her first place. Saw an idea on Pinterest and it inspired me.All the papers were funky hand, the ribbon was from the ribbon girls, charms from my stash.I added some roses,letters,inked some doilies and used my brick embossing folder inked with distress inks.
Hope you like it.This is my take on shabby chic.

On Thursday I had a busy day of washing, tidying out my craft cupboard and my 12 year old nephew Logan came in theafternoon to craft and spend some time with me before he goes back home to   Scotland. We had a fab time.He made 2 cards.One for his Mum and one for his friend's birthday so

I'll pop them on my blog when he take some pics.He brought some opal fruits whoops... Starbursts for us to snack on.Each wrapper had something on that we had to try,we had such a laugh.One was to balance 5 sweets on top of our heads.....very interesting.

challenges:
natalie and amy challenge-13-shabby-chic
Crafty cardmakers-shabby-chic
Paula holifield crafts-little-bit-shabby
abc-challenge x-for-xtra-special.
acreativeromance.metal-mania

I travelled back up to Scotland yesterday with my Sister Karen, her hubby Andy and my nephew Logan as my Auntie Pat has got a limited time left and my Mum needs me for support.It was a good journey and I read and chatted most the way with them all.I dropped coffee down myself in the car I smelled lovely when I arrived.We arrived to a lovely roast pork dinner.Mmmmm .....

Have a super day whatever you're up to.It's a beautiful sunny day here in Arbroath.Thanks for popping by. With coming away so suddenly I never got my candy posted up so apologies.

love Debs x

8 comments:

brenda said...

C & P still going on here, but wanted to check out your lovely card.

Hope you have a good weekend.

B x

Lin said...

Sorry to hear about your family problems.

You sound as if you had a great deal of fun with your Nephew in the craftroom.

Your card is lovely. I really like how you have made the little houses, and there is so much pretty detail on it too.

Thanks for sharing with us

Lin
Crafty Cardmakers

Unknown said...

Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.

Betty

Debs said...

Beautiful card Debbie - love the soft colours and fabulous LO
Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Debs xx

Meggymay said...

A lovely card, the colours are wonderful. thank you for joining us at CCM this time.
Yvonne

The Craft Bucket said...

Just lovely, gorgeous colours too. Thank you for playing along with us at ALBC & good luck. Jane x

cotnob said...

This is so pretty Debbie, such lovely pastel colours.
Pauline
x

Yuri said...

What a pretty card Debbie, I love the soft colours and the wonderful details.
Thank you for joining us at A Creative Romance.
Hugs, Yuri xx

Can't beat a bit of Plaid/Tartan

  Hello all, It is the 1st March 2024 and I'm here to share my card for our challenge over at  Sparkles Christmas Debbie  chose the them...