Saturday 18 May 2013

Lots of hearts

Happy Saturday......

Why is it happy - well it's not down to the weather is it!  My chest is much better and I'm feeling more like my old self at last.  Sadly it's one of my learners 60th birthday today and I was invited to the do but it's it bit too soon to party!!!! Boring I know.  I thought I'd show you the beautiful card I was sent from my close friend Sheila who is quite a crafter and extremely talented. She's a newbie to cardmaking but with her ever increasing stash you would never know.If I ever run out of something I just call Sheila's craft shop - Ha ha. It's true and her partner Tom is quite nifty with the Hougie board and cardmaking too:

Sheila's card


I've had a fab day crafting and trying to stay warm - brr, supposed to be nicer tomorrow fingers crossed. I had to put the heating on for an hour as I had goosebumps and that's with a jumper and leggings on - life eh!

Shannen had a wild ladies night last at KC stadium in Hull - strippers that's all I'm going to say.  Needless to say when she rolled home this afternoon from staying at her friends she was a little ropey and needed a power nap...... Think it was a good one! Shamus is still full of the cold I gave him bless him - I was just sharing!

Here's a card I made while the yummy chicken thighs and homemade wedges were cooking:
Quite rustic I feel.  Would you believe the pocket is from an envelope - I had a light bulb moment after embossing it and decided I preferred the de-bossed side and found the pocket.I used the images from Polkadoodles sundae of seasons - the gingerbread couple are so cute, shaped frame & big heart - Picknix vol.1, inked with distress ink, Computer printed sentiment inked,heart buttons from my friend Sheila and bakers twine.

Challenges:
polkadoodle - week-19-anniversaries
The paper shelter challenge-112-anything-goes
cupcake craft challenge-242-lots-of-layers
crafts 4 eternity 124-sweet-tooth

Have a nice weekend - it's bathtime for moi.Thanks for stopping by.

Love Debs x

6 comments:

Sandra H said...

Oh both cards are stunning x

♥Gemma♥ said...

Both cards are absolutely gorgeous and i think your friend should get herself a blog too...
hugs and xxx
Gemma

pinky said...

Two very beautiful cards!! Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles.
Pinky

Peanut said...

Two very beautiful creations, Debbie!!! So glad you joined our "Anniversaries" challenge. Hope to see you back next week. … x
Asha - PolkaDoodles DT
Sunny Summer Crafts

Joey said...

Great card Debbie, I love the boldness of colour. Thanks for joining us at The paper shelter. Joey xx

michele said...

Gorgeous cards! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

Can't beat a bit of Plaid/Tartan

  Hello all, It is the 1st March 2024 and I'm here to share my card for our challenge over at  Sparkles Christmas Debbie  chose the them...